
Last night I went to one of my buddies' house to cook stir-fry for them. Though I wasn't sure if its flavor would be completely the same with the original one when I cooked at home. They asked if we needed a recipe, well, I thought I could manage it without one, so, I just did it by myself. Though I found out that the dish must be cooked longer, anyway, they were not that bad and I found my cooking skills were improved a little bit, lol. Mm, next time, maybe I should put more suger and salt in the eggs with tomatoes, and shut down the stove until the tomotoes are juicy enough. Well, they seemed like prefering the stir fried vegetables with chicken much more. Maybe I should only cook this one when I cook for Americans next time. Anyway, I thought I managed it. And I was happy that we cooked in a real house which gave me a homelike feeling. On the other hand, I thought they liked my dishes. While, what couldn't be worse was, I smelled like a dish after cooking, as the smoke came out and soaked me from hair to toes during the whole process!!!
By the way, my buddy got a huuuuuggggeee TV in her house, and all the funiture lurked me to rent a house. But it's a shame that I can only stay here for one year. Well, it is an interesting night, and I don't know why I was so happy. Maybe because the Chinese dished I made, or the warm atmosphere I felt, or the conversations between us. They are really nice girls I think!
And today, I'm fond of the Swedish band-Chasing Dorotea, again! Their " A Long Time Ago" and "The Anchor Song" sound like the spring sunshine in the afternoon, bright but not too colorful. Especially when you have nothing to do and wanna take a rest, just listen to it and relax! It takes you back to the old times and remind you of your deepest and desolate memory.Here's the link http://www.last.fm/music/Chasing+Dorotea?setlang=en
By the way, my buddy got a huuuuuggggeee TV in her house, and all the funiture lurked me to rent a house. But it's a shame that I can only stay here for one year. Well, it is an interesting night, and I don't know why I was so happy. Maybe because the Chinese dished I made, or the warm atmosphere I felt, or the conversations between us. They are really nice girls I think!
And today, I'm fond of the Swedish band-Chasing Dorotea, again! Their " A Long Time Ago" and "The Anchor Song" sound like the spring sunshine in the afternoon, bright but not too colorful. Especially when you have nothing to do and wanna take a rest, just listen to it and relax! It takes you back to the old times and remind you of your deepest and desolate memory.Here's the link http://www.last.fm/music/Chasing+Dorotea?setlang=en
6 comments:
cool..I did cook yesterday night as well. It's really have homelike feeling..I hope I could try your cooking someday... :)
Were you smelling like a dish, a fish or tomatoes?? I can understand the good feeling of actually gettin into a home and cook some food that you like to eat. I'm glad you got the chance, even though you came out smelling like a fish or a dish or whatever!! Thanks for sharing the songs. Interesting that they sing in English. My nefew just released an album this weekend. you can hear his music at http://www.myspace.com/wolfymusic1
He's the piano player and singer :)
I have not cooked since ages!!!
Hi Dawn!
I also love cooking here in Eau Claire - it always makes me feel a little bit like home, and by the way, the food is much better than the cafeteria food! lol
I'm glad you had a good time with your friends!
You didn't cooked your stir-fry with chicken?
I have cooked stir fry with chicken~
Post a Comment