Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Christmas Carol

Yesterday, we went to the biggest mall in the United States- Mall of America. My friends bought many things there, but I just got a coat and a pair of boots. Though all of us were exhausted because of walking inside the mall, I found it was interesting to view so many first class brands throughout the world at the same time. After all, I'm a person who loves prosperity.

At night, we went to Guthrie Theater to watch the famous play: A Christmas Carol, which is originally written by Charles Dickens. I always think plays are boring before, however, this play was amazingly excellent! Nomatter the skills of actors or the facts and settings of the stage. It really moved us as a Christmas carol, and made people the way Charles Dickens says: Christmas...a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time:the only time I know of, in the long calender of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. By the way, the only pity is: none of us dressed up to watch the play yesterday, while, many people dressed themselves formally there.

2 comments:

TiFfAnY said...

I missed the trip yesterday. I should go there with a group of people as I went before with few of my friends. Anyway, great that have fun. :)

T said...

Hey,
the semester is almost done for me and I really don't want to go home.
I hope you will have a great time here when I am at home.